|Via Architectural Digest.|
|Elizabeth and Tara of The Closetnista.|
Welcome! How Did The Closetnista Come About?
The Closetnista came about from our own closets! We were both in sales for various fashion lines, collectively for about 10 years, so you can imagine how overwhelming our wardrobes became! We had great pieces, many of which were lightly worn or brand new. So we started editing our own closets and reselling the items on ebay. This led to the realization that many women would love this service - how great to make money from your own closet!
What Is Your Favorite Part Of Your Job?
We love the satisfaction of helping women look and feel their best. Confidence is key and fashion has the power to do that.
Biggest Mistake Most Women Make When It Comes To Their Closets?
Most women feel daunted and overwhelmed by the feeling they need to do a huge overhaul at once. A few simple things can really go a long way. If you don’t have time to do everything, do one step a week.
3 Pieces Everyone Should Own?
1. A great fitting jean that you feel your best in.
2. A classic handbag that can transition from day to night.
3. A beautiful black pump.
Can You Walk Us Through A Spring Closet-Cleanout?
1. Assess your closet - take a few hours to decide what you need and don't need.
2. Go item by item and create piles for charity, tailor, re-sell, and trash. (Yes! Some items may have seen their time!!!).
3. Re-sell your lightly worn items via the The Closetnista! It's therapeutic and will allow you to make money back from your closet.
|Real Simple Slimline Hangers, Set of 50, $29.99, bedbathandbeyond.com.|
4. Buy slim, space saving hangers. The uniformity of all your hangers will allow you to see your clothes better and it will feel more organized instantly!
5. Hang all sleeve styles together - tanks and cami's, sleeveless, short sleeves and long sleeves.
6. Hang each category by color in this order - white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, gray, and black.
7. Do not keep business suits together. Separate them out with the skirts, pants and long sleeves so that you mix and match your suits and don't get in a rut of wearing the same thing together all the time.
|Via La Dolce Vita.|
9. Store all out of season items such as sweaters and coats in a garment box/bag and place them wherever your store other seasonal items (under the bed in a hall closet, in the garage).
10. Store bathing suits in pretty baskets on your shelf for Spring/Summer use.
11. Use open top baskets for your flip flops and flats to be laid at the bottom of your closet. We like these:
|White Washed Wood Bins, $14.99 - $24.99, containerstore.com.|
12. Summer, light weight scarves are a great way to accessorize! Store them with these great hangers or in a pretty basket.
|Walnut 10-Scarf Hardwood Hanger, $9.99, containerstore.com.|
13. Hang necklaces from pretty hooks and screw them into your closet walls. It will also double as art in your closet - very pretty to look at and you will remember to use them! We like this one from Anthropologie.
|Shaded Poppy Mallow Hook, $28, anthropologie.com.|
14. You only need one daily black bag, one neutral, and one fun color (like red, navy, or green). You also only need one black and one neutral clutch. Let us make you money by selling the rest!!
15. Lighting: Do not use fluorescent light bulbs - they are harsh and will only illuminate your flaws. Use a nice soft light bulb so that you feel your best when you leave your closet.
|Antiqued Tiled Floor Mirror from West Elm, $359, westelm.com.|
16. Invest in a pretty floor length mirror - it'll make you happy every time you look at yourself as you get ready each morning!
17. Remember: you want your closet to be clean and simple so that your clothes are the decor. You start and end your day in your closet, so make it a fabulous, clutter free, and stress free space!
A huge Thank You to Elizabeth and Tara for sharing their tips and sources with us! Check out their website here or score some great new pieces on their two ebay stores: The Closetnista and The Luxnista. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Here's to a fresh and clean closet just in time for spring! Happy Cleaning!