Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nurture Your Home - Gorgeous Geodes

Geode wallpaper. Photograph courtesy of Apparatus Studio.
While out shopping this past weekend, I came across the most beautiful geode bookends at Mitchell + Gold. I didn't have my camera with me and I couldn't stop thinking about them on the drive home. The rich and brilliant turquoise color of the geodes would be perfect in our dining room and their unique and organic quality is something our house desperately needs! One thing lead to another and before I knew it, I was trying to find a geode something for every room in the house. These naturally occurring rocks are an easy way to add interest and depth to your home - be it on your bookshelf, mantel, coffee table or maybe even your wall. Here are some of my favorite incarnations.


This table is definitely aspirational, but would be a breathtaking addition to a living or sitting room. Geode table in Agate and Bronze by Brenda Houston, available through hollyhunt.com




Candleholders one day, lovely mantel decor the next. Agate Candleholders, $110, aplusrstore.com. 

Not for the color-shy, this rug is a piece of art unto itself. Whorled Felt Geode Rug, $698, Anthropologie.com. 
This would be perfect for my desk or on our bookshelf. Geode Picture Frame, $55, vivre.com.
Leave it to Kelly Wearstler to take inspiration from nature and turn it into something chic and gorgeous. Interior by Kelly Wearstler. 


A quick online search will yield beautiful bookends like these in blue, pink and purple hues. Pink Geode Bookends, $44.95, ebay.com.


A perfect way to add a punch of color and interest to any room. Purple Geode Lamp by Matthew Studios, price upon request, matthewstudiosny.com. 

These unique bowls are food safe and would make a lovely candy dish. Small Geode Rock Bowl by Blue Room Pottery, $34, etsy.com. 


Not much to say - stunning. Geode table by Matthew Studios, price upon request, matthewstudiosny.com. 


From my mom's favorite store in NYC, these coasters are guaranteed conversation starters and surprisingly affordable! Geode coasters, $6 each at Evolution New York and theevolutionstore.com. 

If you aren't ready to do a whole room, a large sheet of this paper in a pre-made frame can give a similar effect without the big commitment. Aqua Marble Geode Wallpaper, $44.18 per roll, lowes.com. 



5 comments:

Celeste Paisley said...

Speaking of GeodeS....check out Kimberly McDonald's GORGEOUS geode jewelry!!

http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/Kimberly_McDonald?cm_mmc=GoogleUS-_-Designer%20-%20Kimberly%20McDonald-_-Kimberly%20McDonald_Alone-_-kimberly%20mcdonald

Erin said...

Ooh, I love geodes. I stumbled into the gem and mineral gift shop at the Natural History museum in DC last summer by accident and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. (http://www.mnh.si.edu/visit/shops.htm) It was like geode-overload.

And can we just agree that "Price upon request" means "You cannot afford it so we're saving you the heart attack of sticker shock"? Can't believe those ebay bookends are so cheap! I love them.

Anonymous said...

I love that Kelly Wearstler wall and only Kelly could get me to use agate. She makes all those hard, rock, severe surfaces look spectacular! Teri

California Chic said...

@celeste - LOVE that jewelry! Speaking of jewelry, I found TONS of great geode jewelry on etsy for the story, but ended up deciding to just do home stuff this time around. I'll send you some links:)

@Erin - I'll def check out that shop! Totally agree on the "price upon request" - I actually requested a price a few months back and boy did it blow my mind:)

@Terri - K.W. is my favorite interior designer of all time. Hands down, insanely creative and gorgeous every single time!

Anonymous said...

ghd hair straightener roqtejol ghd australia yikwmbip ghd hair straighteners sgajinsg

Pin It button on image hover