Monday, January 2, 2012

Nurture Your Home - Fresh Finds At West Elm

As I was sifting through the piles of catalogs in my mailbox over the last couple days, the newest edition from West Elm really blew me away.  There are so many wonderful home accents and accessories that deliver great style without a big dent in your wallet.  I've got a ton of home improvement projects on my New Year to-do list and I think West Elm will be one of my go-to home sources in 2012!  Here is a selection of their best accents (in my opinion) to freshen every room in your house, just in time for the new year.

FOR THE BEDROOM:

Red has become one of my favorite colors for interior design and this turned leg nightstand is the perfect shade to add a pop of color to your bedside. With a monochromatic bed and some great accent pillows, these will transform your bedroom.  If you are more in tune with the minimalist / modern vibe, the mid-century nightstand is a great replica of the original without the hefty price-tag.

Turned-leg Nightstand, $249; Mid-century Nightstand, $249, Westelm.com.

FOR THE BATHROOM:

One of the easiest ways to give your bathroom a make-over without bringing in a contractor is to add a new shower curtain and bathmats.  Graphic prints always make a sophisticated statment and here are four pairs I put together that I love.  Which ever set you choose, they will all give your bathroom the update its been waiting for.

Chevron Shower Curtain, $39, Striped Bat Mat, $12.99 - $39, Westelm.com.


Trellis Shower Curtain, $29; Trellis Bath Mat, $19.99, Westelm.com.

Generally, whether its my fashion sense or in my home, I usually subscribe to the idea that anything matchy-matchy is a no-no.  But I would make an exception for this Trellis set - the pattern is so gorgeous, I wouldn't mind having it in the shower and on my floor!


Fez Bath Mat, $23; Stripe Shower Curtain, $31, Westelm.com.


Diamond Links Shower Curtain, $31, Pleated Stripe Bath Mat, $19, Westelm.com. 

FOR THE LIVING ROOM:


Replace the tired throw pillows in your living room with these great options for under $40!  They are all made with fresh, contemporary and chic fabrics that tell guests you have great taste! I was also excited to see their collaboration with Allegra Hicks, one of my favorite textile designers who makes some of the most gorgeous fabrics out there.  Now, I can decorate with her beautiful pillows without spending big $$$.

Clockwise from top left: Hand-blocked Silver Paisley pillow cover, $34; Hand-blocked Silk Stone Trellis pillow cover, $39; Allegra Hicks Wave pillow cover, $34; Embroidered Diamond Links pillow cover, $34; Allegra Hicks Flower pillow cover, $29, westelm.com. Hand-blocked Silk Casablanca pillow cover, $39; Westelm.com.

West Elm is one of the first places I visit when I'm looking for new rugs for high traffic areas in my home.  I've got their Jute Boucle rug in my family room and it has withstood constant foot traffic, cocktail parties and a messy toddler. It is always a challenge to find great looking rugs without spending your entire house budget and these pack a serious style punch.  Here are some of my favorites:

Clockwise from top left: Andalusia Dhurrie, $49 - $699; Zigzag Rug, $49 - $699; Souk Rug, $139 - $849; Ikat Links Rug, $129 - $799; Westelm.com.

Clockwise from top left: Lattice Dhurrie, $49 - $699; Swirl Rug, $129 - $799, Iznik Dhurrie, $49 - $699; Gradiated-Stripe Cotton Rug,  $19 - $299, Westelm.com. 

And if you are just looking for a few sweet accessories to liven up any room in your home, they have tons of those too! Here is a small sampling of some of their new additions:

Clockwise from top left: Fanned Placemat Set of 2, $16; Textured Pure Vases, $10 - $39; James McNally Neighborhood Plate Set of 4, $32; Alphabet Trays, $6; Westelm.com.

5 comments:

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Yes! When I received the recent West Elm catalog, I was really loving everything in it. Like you, I love pops of red. I also have the striped shower curtain in gray. I tell you, great minds think alike. :) Oh, and I have my eye on a few of those throw pillows. Great review!

cassie said...

So funny, I just got my West Elm catalog and thought the same thing. There's a rug in there that I'm dying for! And I too love the Alphabet plates.

California Chic said...

@Theresa - LOVE that shower curtain! They are really delivering some great stuff lately, don't you think?

@cassie - the alphabet plates are so sweet aren't they? I'm thinking next to my bathroom sink to catch jewelry.

Anonymous said...

i love the Andalusia rug, in fact I purchased it last night! That and the clear purch lamp. I also love your story. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I am genuinely glad to read this blog posts which includes lots of valuable data,
thanks for providing these kinds of information.



my website :: bmi calculator for women

Pin It button on image hover