|Irish Quote Print, $25, by Little Nattty, etsy.com.|
Some dear friends of ours are moving into a new home this weekend and I started thinking about what I could bring them as a housewarming gift. They have a mid-century style with an industrial edge. Generally they like neutral colors, but they don't take themselves or their home too seriously. It didn't take me long to make a beeline to Jonathan Adler to find something chic and unique with a little sense of humor. As always, walking into his world is a surefire way to brighten your day and make you smile. Like a kid in a candy emporium, I wanted to take home half the store. After browsing the fabulous wares, I found 5 great options, all under $50 and was reminded that chic decor doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!
1. Whale Canister, $34: I thought this would be perfect for their kids bathroom. They have one little girl and another on the way - a playful yet chic box to store hairbands and bows.
2. Vidalia Bud Vase, $28: Although this vase can be used for a few single stems, it is fine on its own as a decorative piece that can seamlessly move from one room to another.
3. King of Hearts Candle Holder, $48: This playful candle holder has a benevolent king on one side and the compassionate queen on the other. For a couple who loves to entertain, these are guaranteed to be a dinner party hit.
4. Futura Salt and Pepper Shakers, $48: With a busy family and work life, coming home to these two lovely salt and pepper shakers will add a little glamour to an otherwise tough day - even if you are using them on a frozen pizza from Trader Joe's.
5. Pipe Match Strike, $42: Whether its a fireplace to warm a chilly beach night or a candle to fill their home with sweet-smelling air, this clever pot will guarantee they won't spend any time looking for a light.