Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nurture Yourself - Time To Think About 2012



Maybe you have to let go of who you were, to become who you will be.  Carrie Bradshaw

As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.  Zachary Scott

Amisdt the daily hustle of our busy lives, its easy to fall into a self-imposed schedule of work, childcare, errands, household chores, cooking and maybe a little technology time-suck (CNN, Facebook, TMZ, etc.).  Weekends often get booked months in advance and before you know it, another year has come and gone.  It's no wonder that our parents keep trying to tell us time flies by in the blink of an eye.  As a new year is about to begin, I've been thinking a lot about changes I'd like to make and what I want out of life, and I'd like to challenge you to do the same.



Take an hour sometime between now and Sunday to sit down with some paper and silence and think about all the things you did right in 2011 and some things you'd like to change for 2012.  It's easy to make a long to-do list of everything you want to check off in 2012, but try to think about YOU and what you want to do - maybe its to start playing your favorite high school or college sport again, or nurturing a creative hobby like painting or photography, reconnecting with old friends, losing weight or getting a great new haircut. Or maybe all of the above? Spending a few minutes to set out goals that are just for you is a great way to usher in the new year.  What I'm asking you to do is take the time to nurture yourself - you and your family will thank you for it!

P.S. Not to worry - I haven't been brainwashed by Tony Robbins. Just want all you wonderful people who read this blog to have a glorious 2012!!  I'll be back tomorrow with some required reading to start the new year.

2 comments:

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

I totally forgot to visit you when I was having my writer's block yesterday. This post would have certainly helped me. Somehow (telepathy perhaps?), I did take your advice, and it is wonderful advice. Happy New Year and see you in 2012!

California Chic said...

Happy New Year to you too!!!

Pin It button on image hover