Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nurture Yourself - Best 2012 Calendars

Roosevelt Desk Calendar, $52, sugarpaper.com

If you have a paper and stationary addiction like me, one of the best parts of beginning a new year is the necessity for a clean, crisp, and totally new day planner.  The hundreds of fresh, blank, white pages symbolize the limitless potential to fill your new year with adventures, get-togethers with friends, and lots of to-do lists. Since my calendar gets a ton of use over the year and I always keep them to reminisce about years past, I put a little time and energy into finding one I'll love to pull out of my purse every day. A new year is a new start so treat yourself to a new calendar - it is waiting to be filled with life's endless possibilities!!

Python 2012 Pocket Datebook, $36, Barneys.com
Snakeskin bags and shoes are a personal favorite so this black, white and yellow sleek planner from Barneys caught my eye immediately. A great option if you are looking for something lean and small (6 x 3.25), this will bring a smile to your face every time you pull it out.

2012 Rifle Small Fruit Calendar, $16.95, Paper-source.com

This sweet calendar from Paper Source is perfect for your work or home office or maybe in the kitchen near a phone.  The beautiful fruit illustrations add a sophisticated touch and it looks more like an intentional accessory and less like a clunky wall calendar. At 6 x 9 inches, it also has a smaller footprint than most traditional wall calendars.


Jonathan Saunders for Smythson two-toned leather Panama diary, $245, Net-a-porter.com

The gold standard in my book, Smythson leather goods are my absolute favorite.  They are so chic and beautifully made that anytime I pull even a small notebook out of my bag, someone seems to notice it.  If you have frequent business lunches or meetings where your planner is regularly seen, you might want to step up your game with this day planner designed by Jonathan Saunders.  The color-blocking is so Spring 2012 and the black clasp is the jewelry that completes the outfit!


2012 Letterpress Coaster Calendar, $25, Kate's Paperie

If your office decor is as drab and sad as some of the ones I've worked in, you will definitely appreciate a little pick-me up on your desk like this letter-pressed calendar from Kate's Paperie.  These whimsical drawings will greet you every morning with a smile and a wink and are guaranteed to draw a few envious glances from your co-workers.  Did I mention that when each month is over, it doubles as a coaster for your morning coffee? Done and done. 


Paperblanks 2012 Jade Day At a Time Planner, $16.95, jenibick.com

When I saw this lovely planner at my local bookstore, it looked like actual leather from a few feet away.  When I picked it up, I noticed the beautiful gold embossed detail and the Smythe-sewn seams that make it extra durable. There is a small memento pouch inside the back cover and it has a one-page per day format for maximum space to jot down appointments and lists. This is great style at an incredible price!

2012 Graphic Image Desk Agenda, Saffiano by Graphic Image, $40, Kate's Paperie.com

If simple and plain is what you are looking for, Graphic Image is always a safe bet.  With a variety of bright spring colors, these planners will warm up your winter days. The larger size (7 x 9.25) has one week on two-page format, color maps, and guides to the New York and London subways, which are fun to look at from time to time, even if you don't live in either city.


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover