Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nurture Your Home - Horchow - 30% Off Everything!


One of my favorite online home resources is Horchow, the wonderful home arm of Neiman Marcus.  Don't fret - the prices are much more reasonable than you might expect and starting on Wednesday, November 16th, everything on the site will be 30% for two days only!  This is a perfect opportunity to browse and see all the wonderful options they have to offer and give you enough time to spruce up your home before the holidays. I think their collections of mirrors and table lamps are some of the best on the web and they are usually my first stop when I'm looking for a new rug.


Selection of mirrors from Horchow.com. 
Believe it or not, all 6 of the mirrors pictured above are priced at less than $600 and two of them are less than $300.  They carry options in just about every shape, size and color.  You can check out their entire selection of mirrors here.


Clockwise from top left: Global Views Leather Chair, $1038, Italia Chairs, Set of Two, $999, Barclay Butera Marshall Navy Chair, $859,  Denison Bench, $549, Loma  Side Chairs, Set of Two, $399, Lilly Pulitzer Boulevard Chair, $889, Easton Grey Bench, $799, Jonathan Adler X-Bench, $595, Black Linen Chairs, Set of Two, $889.

I can't get enough occasional chairs in my house.  Many of them are just sitting in various corners and I'm constantly adding to our collection because it is always great to have extra seating right? Great chairs can be expensive so I try to wait for a sale when I'm buying new ones (I love vintage chairs too, but more on that later this month).  Chairs add so much personality and style to any room - why not go with something bright or a little out of your comfort zone - you only live once!

Clockwise from top left: Tunisia Ottoman, $599, Emily Tufted Bench, $359,
Bevin Ottoman, $679, Silver Leather Pouf, $199. 
Speaking of seating, ottomans are always a great choice because they can do double duty as seating and as a coffee or side table.  You can move them easily around your home and many times they are just the accessory your family or living room is missing.  We have a large one in lieu of a coffee table in our family room (upholstery is softer on my toddler's head) and I really love it.


You will be happy to learn that all four of the rugs pictured above are $350 or less for a 5x8. Soft pile rugs are great, but they are more difficult to clean and its easy for food, dirt, etc, to really wedge itself down deep. For our common areas, I've changed to the low pile wool rugs (like the diamond and quatrefoil ones pictured above) and they are easy to maintain and keep clean.  I also prefer transitional rugs (over traditional or contemporary) because I think they strike the right balance of being chic without being too modern.  I love anything with a quatrefoil or trellis pattern so the navy blue one here is an absolute favorite of mine!

Clockwise from top left, Striped Shade Lamp, $275, Regina Andrew Lamp, $325, Scroll Shade Lamp, $275, Visual Comfort Quatrefoil Lamp, $495, Regina Andrew Antique Glass Lamp, $275, Circular Driftwood Lamp, $475, Frosted Blue Lamp, $275, Abstract Cloud Table Lamp, $250. Center: Jonathan Adler Carnaby Lamp, $275.  

This is just a small sampling of their lighting and they truly have an incredible selection of table lamps - all shapes, sizes, styles, etc.  One tip before ordering a lamp is to jot down the measurements (with the shade) and then take a tape measure to estimate what it will look like on your table.  This is especially important for bedroom lamps to make sure they are the right proportion for your bed and bedside table.


Horchow Bedding Collections clockwise from top left: John Robshaw, Sferra, Trina Turk, Legacy Home.

Horchow is known for their bedding selection.  Their bedding can err on the expensive side since much of it is high-thread count, luxury brands, but it is a great place to browse for inspiration and to gain some direction if you are looking to redo your bed.  It really helped me decide exactly what I wanted and what I didn't want after I looked at over 100 design options.  I found a couple I liked and printed out the photos to help me stay on track when I went out to the stores to look.  However, with a 30% off discount, this might be the time to freshen up your bedroom!

Clockwise from top left: Gold Leaf Chandelier, $695, Geometic Pendant Lights, $225- $495, Layla Chandelier, $1225, Regina Andrew Pendant, $339, Mediterranean Pendant, $775, Modern Glamour Chandelier, $2050, Duchess Chandelier, $1595, Morgan Pendant, $725.
One of the easiest ways to completely makeover a room is with a chandelier, and if you are hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas this year, it will give your dining room that wow factor it needs.  Earlier this year I picked up the Mediterranean Pendant for our dining room and it really transformed the whole room.


Personalized Coasters, set of 100, $48.
Last, but not least, Horchow has a great selection of gifts. There are too many to show you today, but I'll leave you with one of my personal favorites - their personalized coasters. I've been giving these for the last 5 years to family and friends and they are always a hit.  Use your 30% off to pick-up some of these - for yourself, your mother-in-law, your boss, or your favorite hostess.  I always want my gifts to be two things - chic and thoughtful, and these definitely fit the bill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the items you chose! you've got a great eye for good design.

Pin It button on image hover