A few weeks ago I tried this recipe for the first time after being asked to bake for a co-worker's goodbye party. After "sampling" more than a few pieces in my kitchen, I took the rest to work and they were gone within the hour. Toffee, salt, almonds and chocolate - um...yeah, heaven. Here's how it's done, courtesy of Martha Stewart.
13 Graham Crackers
1 Bag (8 ounces) toffee bits
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted natural almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and place graham crackers in a single layer on the sheet, edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.
2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is syrupy, 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers.
3. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt over graham crackers (I used Fleur de Sel for the salt).
4. With a sharp knife, cut into 2-inch squares. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!