Thursday, December 27, 2012

DIY - White and Gold Lacquered Shelves

Image via Twentyonetwo's Instagram feed

Those who know me well know that I'm in love with the two G's - glamour and gold. And while I'm generally not the DIY type (this project was my one deviation), I'm thinking of making an exception to try and replicate these shelves & brackets from...drumroll please..................IKEA!!! The shelves are already lacquered up in a glossy white and the $2.00 wooden brackets are easy to paint with some Rust-Oleum Spray Paint in Metallic Gold (Home Depot). These just might be what I need to spruce up my government-issued office. What do you think? Is this a DIY worth trying?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I saw a can of that metallic gold spray paint the other day at Home Depot and actually had to restrain myself from buying it. I would spray paint EVERYTHING with it, so it would be dangerous in my clutches. However, this DIY is so fabulous and looks amazing! I recognized the brackets immediately as IKEA but I've never seen them look so chic or expensive! Definitely undertake this and let me know the results! I'll totally copycat :)

Pin It button on image hover