Friday, February 24, 2012

Nurture Your Home - Friday Find!

In a new series I'm calling Friday Finds, I'll be sharing something that grabbed my attention or caught my eye during the past week. Today's find was the result of many hours of online mirror shopping I did this week to find a mirror for my bathroom vanity. As I was browsing hayneedle.com, I came across this:
Hovan Mirror, hayneedle.com. 

Priced at $217.90, this Hovan Mirror (43.5 in. X 20.5 in) had the right dimensions and was clean, sophisticated and chic. I wanted to see what it looked like in a home so I clicked over to Pintrest and did a quick search for "Hovan Mirror." What I found was this:

Arch Frameless Mirror, lowes.com. 

The identical mirror with similar dimensions (36 1/8 in. X 20 1/8 in.), but it was at LOWES (who knew they even sold mirrors?) and is $69.98. What I learned: when shopping for home goods online, a little homework, research and comparison shopping can save you some serious cash.

2 comments:

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

Ok, you are becoming quite the sleuth at finding a great bargain. (You and Erin could start a business. She is also very good at finding deals on the internet.) I can't see any difference in these two mirrors, except the price of course. Job well done!

California Chic said...

@Theresa- buying a home and having a baby has def been a motivator for me to find more of what I love on a budget:) A blog whose sole mission is to feature affordable but chic home decor could be great too right? Hmmmmm....

Pin It button on image hover