Friday, December 16, 2011

Nurture Yourself - My Christmas Wish List

Photograph by Francesco Lagnese

Everyone in my family has been asking me to email them some gift ideas and I just haven't had the time to sit down and think about what I really want or need.  Honestly, I don't NEED anything - I've got a roof over my head, food to eat, a healthy and happy child, an incredible husband, and wonderful friends and family.  I'm pretty much set with that, but there are a few things I've been eyeing over the last year or so.  Here are some of the things at the top of my list.


Clockwise from top left: Gold Dipped Necklace, $27.99; Gold Dipped Earrings, $15.99, Large Geo Pendant Necklaces, $23.99, Hot Red Geo Earrings, $13.99, all A Merry Mishap. 

There are more wonderful jewelry designers on Etsy than just about anywhere else on the web and I recently discovered A Merry Mishap and fell in love with Jennifer's pieces.  They are at once unique, a little edgy, industrial, and perfect for everyday wear.  My favorite pieces are the gold dipped earrings and necklaces and the large geo pendants.  She's sold out of a lot of pieces during the holidays, so if you don't see something in the right color or style, just shoot her a quick email and she will be happy to make it for you.

Butterflies Square Silk Scarf, $42, Pretty Penny Designs

When I saw this vibrant blue scarf by Pretty Penny Scarves, I immediately put it on my list.  Designer Kelly Massey is so talented at designing wearable and chic scarves.  During the summer, I almost never go to the beach without a scarf or hat on and in the winter, they look beautiful poking out from under a coat.

My one practical gift - Soniccare Air Floss, $79.99. 

I'm the first to admit that I'm TERRIBLE at flossing and always have been - I've just never really been able to get the hang of it.  I'm proud to say that despite that I've still never had a cavity, but I know I'm pushing my luck.  Phillips must have had me in mind when they invented the Soniccare Air Floss, which delivers droplets of air and water to remove plaque between teeth and is much gentler on your gums.  Now I can actually follow through with a new year's resolution that seems to be on my list again and again - flossing 2 times a day!


Oil on Canvas, 48 x 24, $400, by Jennifer Ramos. 

My husband and I are on a constant search for affordable original art work and although we've seen hundreds of wonderful pieces in the galleries we've visited, everything we love is always WAY out of our budget.  I can't tell you how blown-away I was when I discovered that Made By Girl Blogger and shop owner Jen Ramos had started selling her original paintings on her website Cocoa And Hearts.  She counts Twombly, Pollock and Rothko as some of favorite artists and its evident they have influenced her work.  I'd love one of her large paintings (all of which are around $400), but you can start your collection with a smaller 10 x 8 canvas ($95) like the one below.

Oil on Canvas, 10 x 8, $95, by Jennifer Ramos. 


A Perfectly Kept Home Is The Sign Of A Misspent Life, Mary Randolph Carter,  $34.65, amazon.com.

I've been wanting this book since it came out last year, but I still don't have it! First off, the title is one of my favorites in recent memory- A Perfectly Kept Home Is The Sign Of A Misspent Life. Written by Mary Randolph Carter, the wonderfully stylish and eclectic VP of advertising at Ralph Lauren, this book explores how tastemakers (i.e. fashion designers, photographers, writers and artists) marry their lives and interiors to live with their passions.  One of her many pieces of advice is to "make room for what you love," something I think is a wonderful start for anyone working on redesigning their home.  Your house should be a reflection of who you are, who your family is, and what you all love!  She's a truly inspiring lady and I'm hoping to have this book under the tree this year!

Suede Flats, Belle by Sigerson Morrison, $195, Madewell.com
As much as I still love my 4 inch heels, chasing a toddler has made me rethink my everyday footwear and my collection of flats is beginning to grow by the year.  These flats are versatile enough to wear with jeans or a dress and the front cutaway design reminds me a little of I Dream of Jeanie - in a good way!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover